Friday, September 5, 2014

Throw Back

gymnastics pic from that year
Exactly three years ago in seventh grade, I was skinny. I would eat ¼ cup of oatmeal for breakfast, an apple for lunch, and a ham & cheese sandwich with a banana for dinner. I weighed about 105 pounds and I felt great, or so I thought. I could wear whatever I wanted and felt confident that people would like me because I was skinny. I had a phobia of speaking to overweight people because I thought it would catch on like a disease. I weighed myself at least three times a day and only allowed myself to drink certain amounts of water, so I wouldn’t gain water weight. This went on for quite a while, until I found Crossfit and learned that confidence is beautiful. Not size. Now I eat anywhere from 2500 to 4000 (nutrient dense) calories a day, I drink at least a gallon of water, and I weigh about 40 pounds heavier. The difference is that I am healthy. I’m not skinny, but I’m also not overweight and I wish that more people would realize that it’s okay not to look perfect in every outfit; people will still accept you if you aren’t a size 00.

Being part of the Crossfit community and training with people who are lean and strong has completely changed my definition of beauty. If you are confident, you are beautiful. Now go eat some steak!

Anyone have similar stories? Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment